Spring is finally here! The days are getting longer and warmer which makes getting outside so much nicer.
With thoughts of Spring come plans for Spring Cleaning. It’s satisfying to start working on our yards and also doing some deep cleaning inside our homes. We’ve all been spending so much time indoors this winter that it is more important than ever that we do a thorough job of our spring cleaning duties.
Taking into consideration the Calgary climate, we have put together a Springtime dry cleaning to-do list for you:
- Winter Clothing – you should always put away your winter clothing clean. This avoids stains setting in, even the ones that you can’t see right now. Dry cleaning your winter clothing before you store them away, will help them last longer and look better
- Coats and Jackets – outerwear accumulates body oils around the collar and cuffs as well as dirt and grime from brushing against our cars. It is very important to store away outerwear clean so the stains do not become permanent by next winter. We clean all types of winter coats including Canada Goose, Moncler and Moose Knuckles.
- Scarves and Toques – same thing applies here. Having your scarves and toques dry cleaned eliminates body oils and prepares them for proper summer storage.
- Bedding – now is a perfect time to clean your duvets, comforters and blankets especially if you’re changing them over to summer linens. We’re able to thoroughly clean, sanitize and gently dry these big items in our large machines.
- Area Rugs – time, traffic and pets take a toll on area rugs. Front entry rugs have salt and dirt that should be removed regularly so the fibres don’t deteriorate. There may be many stains you just can’t see so cleaning area rugs once or twice per year is a great idea.
- UGGS – We clean and restore UGGS. Salt stains are eliminated and we can add new water repellent to make them last even longer. UGGS literally look brand new after they’re dry cleaned.
- Spring & Summer Clothing – How nice would it be to have all of your clothing dry cleaned, pressed and ready to wear? Have a look through your closet to see if anything needs freshening up including golf shirts and shorts
- Raincoats – We bet these have been neglected because you can’t clean those high tech fabrics at home. Stephen Cleaners has the expertise to clean raincoats properly so why not bring them in so you look and feel great even on rainy days.
We are an eco friendly Calgary dry cleaner with 59 years of experience. You can trust us to take care of your spring cleaning needs.